Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunday Morning at Airlie Beach

Well, I had a lovely weekend - I finally got a bit of my mojo back after it being awol during the last couple of weeks (I think because I was sick....)
This layout I started a while back, and I finally finished it - this has to be one of my favourite photos of Connor ever. Just used some Fancy Pants goodness. This one is of my big boy heading off to Prep on his first day - I just love how his back pack is almost as big as him!!
This layout has the gorgeous October Afternoon Report Card range - I adore this range, so bright, with the cutest little whimsical embies..... I love the letters that go with it, but I had trouble making them "pop" against the background, so I just matted them on black cardstock. Thank goodness it worked!






Yesterday morning we went for a drive up to Airlie Beach. I was experimenting with my camera here, trying to get those little circles in the background.... didn't quite achieve what I wanted, but the background is still nicely blurred....



Mark and Connor having some fun in the water at the lagoon, I just chose to laze on the beach and snap away!!



Here is a photo of the lagoon - just love it here, nice and safe, with no stingers/sharks etc.

Well, that's it from me - hope you all have a nice week. I'm off to get ready for work!!

3 comments:

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow you sure do have your mojo back Niq - those layouts are just stunning! I especially love "He's off" ....the colours & the large circle around the photo look magical! Awesome work Niq!

Love your piccies from Airlie Beach - what a beautiful spot to spend a lazy Sunday :)

amanda73 said...

love those LOs, and those pics are stunning esp the one of connor with the background blurred, gorgeous

Ceci said...

That looks idyllic! Where is the lagoon exactly Niq? I just adore your 'he's off' LO..gorgeous colours.