Tuesday, September 26, 2017

There is No Place Like Home


Hi Folks,

Today I am sharing something that I went a fair bit out of my comfort zone with.  

This photo is taken straight from our back balcony - it's of a sunrise.  Don't be too jealous, but this is what I wake up to every morning.
 Moving close to the water is the best thing I have ever done.  It totally rejuvenates my soul.  Every afternoon after work I look out at the water and the stress just evaporates.

I wanted to document the love I have for this place and the good it does for me, mentally and emotionally.


I order to emulate the sunrise on my background, I created the colours of the sunrise on my background using Lindy Stamp Gang Sprays in Tea Pot Purple, Pineapple Paradise and Hibiscus Rose. I kept spraying with water and adding layers until I was happy with the "sunset" look.   Lindy's Sprays can be found here at Scrap Matrix.
I then used the Bloom Stamp "Poppy" to stamp the sun, which I coloured in with a Gelato in Lemon.
I finished off the background with some stamping. I drew the palm tree freehand and painted the 2 Crafty chipboard leaves black.  Finally, I finished off the layout with some pretty flowers.

Here are some close ups:







That's all the shares from me for the evening.  Hope you got some inspiration.

Happy scrapping folks.

xx






No comments: