Sunday, September 3, 2017

Hazy Days Love


Happy Sunday Everyone!

How has your Father's Day been treating you?  My day has been pretty quiet, my boy went to spend the day with his Dad, and my gorgeous man went to work this morning, and then spent the afternoon chillaxing.

I do have another layout to share with you.  Once again, I have been playing with the gorgeously grungy 7 Dots Studio Hazy Days collection.

This is what I did:




First of all, I gave my background a quick coat of clear gesso.  I then used some texture paste and the ever so cool 13 Arts Stencil "His Time" - adding it across the page and in the bottom right hand corner.  I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang Cattail Copper Brown to add some colour to the texture paste, spraying it with water and drying it to add some depth to the colour. Finally, I used the Hazy Days Stamp set to stamp some blue splats onto my background.

I then decided to use some of this Finnabair Art Alchemy Antique Brilliance Wax in Red Amber so I gently rubbed it over the raised bits of the texture paste.  I love how it turned out.  You can see it here peaking out from under these layers.



I painted some Dusty Attic Pipework Chipboard silver, and some Dusty Attic Corner Cogs brown, then I used some Rusting powder on the cogs to add texture and a Rust colour to my chipboard.  You can see the smaller cog on the left in this picture to see how it turned out.


I backed my photo with a lot of tags, and stickers and elements from the Hazy Days collection, then adhered my photo over the top of the cog corners.

Finally, I added a few Prima Mechanicals - Steampunk Gears, Washers and Hearts to finish everything off.




That's it from me for this evening.  Hope you all have a fabulous week.

xxxx


All of the following products I have used are available at Scrap Matrix:

7 Dots Studio "Hazy Days" Collection. 12x12 Tags and Zip









No comments: