Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sketch Challenge At Anna's

I've managed to do this month's sketch challenge over at Anna's Craft Cupboard.
I always love the sketches the talented Wendy Smith creates, and this sketch was no exception:


Here is my interpretation of the Sketch:



Photos are of Connor, his Dad and his Pop - 3 generations enjoying the miniture train rides on Bribie Island. 
I've used to very bright and colourful Bo Bunny "On the Go" range, and added a light smear of texture paste using the Crafter's Workshop Template - Chicken Wire, then coloured it with Tattered Angels glimmermist - Coffee Shop, just to add some extra depth and dimension.
Did you know you can "paint" with Glimmermist?  That's what I did here - I just sprayed some into the cap, then used a paintbrush to add it to the texture paste - that way, I just got it where I wanted it, not sprayed all over the paper!!
Of course, a layout simply would not be complete without some WOW - Words or Whatever chipboard.  I have used the Cog Frame Set - C819 which has been sprayed in Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Coffee Shop, and had some Prima Chalk Ink (a rusty orange) added in spots to add depth.
I also used the Cog Set Plain C729 which has been inked in the same rusty orange Prima Chalk Ink.
Here is a close up of the altered chipboard:


Well that's it from me for now - hope you all enjoy your day!!  This little chicken is going to do some housework, then hopefully head to her scrap table!

2 comments:

amanda73 said...

wow love love everything here, gorgeous photos, and just love the whole design

Unknown said...

great take on the sketch! Love it!