Sunday, January 24, 2010

Get Your Game On!!

Starts 28 January over at Bon's Scraps

I am new to "Game On" too, so I can't wait to find out what's in store for us!! It should be fantastic fun, with games, challenges and prizes on offer!!

Head on over to the site to find out more!!


On the scrappy front, I have been quite busy.

This layout I did for Scrapboutique's Cyber Crop. This was the Friday Speed Scrap - I find Speed Scraps so tricky, because I take forever to just pick papers, let alone make any other decisions! LOL!

I've seen on a few blogs that people are picking their "Power Word" for 2010. My power word for this year is "Balance".

I so need to balance the work/life aspect of my life, I need to balance food and excercise so I can lose weight and feel healthy, I need to balance my budget, to save $$$$$ for holidays and house renos - so heaps of balancing will be going on in my life this year!!

The next layout is one I did for a new album I am creating. I have been so lucky to get some gorgeous family photos from my Mum, so at the moment, I am scanning, saving and backing them up, and then doing layouts to show our family history to Connor. Hope he appreciates it as much as I do - even as a child I adored looking at these photos and listening to the stories my grandparents told.
This photo is from about 1916. It is my Great Nan and My Great Grandad. My Pa isn't even there - Great Nan is pregnant with him, I'm told.... That's how I've dated the photo, because Pa was born in December 1916. I just love the clothes and the hair - it in itself tells a story of our history!


Finally, this is a layout I did with the gorgeous new Pink Paislee range - gosh it is so yummy, I just had to dig out some photos and have a play!!






Well, that's it for me at the moment, thanks for popping by and checking out my blog!!

18 comments:

Linda Eggleton said...

LOL...I am hearing you on the speed scrap, Niq. I take forever with the papers too....not to mention which photo! hahaha

Loving all your LO's - just adore the family history one, it is gorgeous! You've done a fantastic job scrapping it. I'm sure one day, Connor will appreciate things like that :)

Keep up the great work!!!

Charmane said...

HELLO Monique!!! Loving your layouts girl! the new challenge blog sounds exciting!

You are next on Bon's GAME ON Blog-Train and the next word is....

Kit

Anonymous said...

Excellent blogging! Thanks for sharing Monique ♥

Jane said...

toot, toot, and how yummy do those cupcakes look :)

Rachel said...

Ooh, the new challenge blog looks interesting, will have to keep an eye on that one.

Sam said...

really gorgeous LO's

Marelle said...

TOOT TOOT great blog Monique

Tara said...

great pages monique!!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

some absolutely GORGEOUS layouts here. Beautiful work.

kerry said...

I love your blog and toot toot to you.Take care Kerry xx

Catie said...

Great LOs Monique - choo choo, on the blog train! Can't wait to see more of your work at Bon's!

Leonie said...

wow you have some awesome LOs on here Monique, love your heritage LO

Sue said...

Love your pages Monique. Just stopping by on the train.

Kristy said...

Hi Monique,
Passing through on the Blog train. Love that Pink Paislee page!
Looking forward to the new Challenge Blog too!

Nicole said...

Hey Monique. fantastic Layouts chicky.

xx

Mel said...

fabulous LO's :)

Mal said...

Niq, where have you been...miss you over at Bon's!!!
but I do love the look of Kraft it up!

Unknown said...

So exciting about a new challenge blog! Its great to see you over at Bon's, your work is always so inspiring!