Tuesday, June 27, 2017

More Than Words Challenge

Good Morning Scrappy Peeps!

I know I have been absent in blog land again for over a year.  There IS a very good reason for it - I went back to full time teaching, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE.....  But, unfortunately, it has left very little time to create, much less blog about it.

So now the holidays are upon us, I have been spending more time being creative (BLISS!)
I needed some inspiration, so I went over to the More Than Words Challenge site - I challenge site I have been stalking for quite some time, but just didn't have the time to do any of the challenges until now.

So - the word inspiration for this month's challenge was "Father" and the creative inspiration was "Steampunk."

This is what I came up with:























Now, for those of you that have been following me for a while will know that the man in the photo is not my son's natural father.  His father and I separated over three years ago.  Since then, I have met a wonderful man who has taken on all the challenges of parenting a child with ASD with me.  He treats him like his own son, and supports us both in every way possible.  He is a fantastic role model and really, I couldn't have hoped for a better "father figure" for my son.  Connor still has a relationship with his father, which I would never try to stop, but it is a relief for me to know that he also has another man in his life who is kind, caring, loving, respectful and hardworking.

I didn't directly use the word "Father" in my title, but the inspiration is there, with the subtitle and title "It's not DNA that makes an Awesome Dad"   Pretty much sums it up really.  As you can see, I have use lots of cogs, bulbs and metals in keeping with the Steampunk Theme.  I have used a mixture of Kaisercraft and 7 Dots Studio paper, with dimension added through the use of Colour Blast Colour Paste in Stormy Sky, and some Colour Blast Shimmer Spray in Stormy Sky and Lindy Stamp Gang's Ink Sprays.  I have Embossed some Blue Fern Studio chipboard in Blue Fern Embossing Powder (Ginger) as well as a sprinkle of Colour Blast Embossing Powder in Coffee.   I also added some Imaginesce Chevron chipboard which I had covered in Dusty Attic Rusting Powder.  I raided my metal trinkets stash to find some cogs, bulbs, keys etc to add and voila! One Steampunk themed layout created!

Thank you for popping by, folks, hope you enjoyed my shares.

Monique
xx


No comments: