Sunday, May 15, 2016

Be Yourself

Good morning everyone - Happy Sunday!!
Thank you for stopping by.  Today I am sharing another layout I have done using 7 Dots Studio Papers - this time it is the gorgeous "Nature Walk" collection.  I always know when I truly adore a range when I just about run out of the papers.  That's the case with this, I think I've done about 4 layouts with this range, and every single one is different - such is the versatility of the range.



The photo is of my stunning niece Paige.  She is such a beautiful soul, sweet, loving, kind - with just the right mix of cheekiness.  Such a unique young lady.  Hence the title "Be Yourself"  My journalling is "Your are amazing just the way you are."

I did my background with a bit of Gesso, then used some Lindy's Stamp Gang Inks to add some colour.  I used Hibiscus Rose, Time Traveller's Teal and I'm Late I'm Late Slate.  Then I did some stencilling with some Colour Blast Colour Paste in Stormy Weather and Bling.  The Colour Blast Colour Paste in Bling would have to be one of my favourite colours.  It is SO golden and shimmery, just divine.....

Finally I used a few stamps to stamp across the "T Zone" of my photo background.  From memory I think they were a Kaisercraft Texture Grid stamp, a Prima Coffee Stain stamp and an Indigo Blue stitch type stamp.



This gold butterfly I created by smearing a very thin layer of the Colour Blast Colour Paste in Glitz over a piece of cardstock.  I waited until it was very dry then I ran it through my Sizzix with a butterfly die.  It is REALLY important to smear the paste thinly and to wait until it is completely dry before using a die, or the card will stick to the die and tear.   Believe me, I had a couple of mishaps before I finally got it right - LOL.  Good think I am persistent.  Hehe.



The black swirls at the top left of the photo is from a Manor House Creations Frame.  I also simply stamped some Blue Fern Studios Chipboard in some Black Memento Ink to provide some nice dark anchors for the photo.
I then finished the layout off with some lovely flowers in pink, teal and grey.

That's it for today - hope you have a lovely day.
xx


No comments: