Sunday, September 18, 2011

Passion 4 Fashion at Scrapboutique

I am playing along at Scrapboutique's Passion for Fashion competion.  This week we had to use the Dramatic Fashion Style....
It all seemed too tricky for me, I really wasn't sure how to represent this style.


 DRAMATIC (or Theatrical)- This style creates a glamorous and glitzy impact.

Colour- Strong, vivid, and contrasting (black is a favorite color).
Lines - Severe, sharp and usually asymmetrical. Bold and often overwhelmingly fitted with open slits.
Textures - Rare and trendy.
Effects - Confident, chic, sexy and catchy.
Needs of Customer - makes a statement, garments made or altered to fit.
Favourite Accessory - Bold statement usually metallic (gold, silver, bronzes, etc).
Note: Notice the fit, its impact and its open slits. Sometimes open back design or see-through materials are used. You'll know when you see one.

I also took a leaf out of Sonia Thomason's book and googled this picture, which I thought could provide some inspiration.


So, I created this layout:

OK, so black is a prominant feature in my layout, I slit open the paper to reveal the paper underneath.
Made a silver frame out of 2 Crafty chipboard, painted in silver paint.  Also used some organze to tie a bow, and used it as a feature of the embie cluster.
I've used the new Pink Paislee Vintage Vogue range - very striking colours in that range, just love it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

2 comments:

Linda Eggleton said...

Stunning Niq!!! Love how you've curled back the papers to create a window/frame effect...looks perfect for the theme :)

Her Essential Hand said...

that is one serioulsy AWESOME page. Cant wait to see your other pages for the comp.
Thanks for your comment on my blog too.
enjoy your week x