Saturday, February 26, 2011

Happy Birthday To My Little Man:0)

One of the reasons I have been such a terribly slack blogger is that my little man had a birthday recently - just can't believe he is 6 already, and in Year One "sigh" where has the time gone?? I can remember thinking when he was a baby that 2011 was such a long time away, but I've blinked and it's here!!! Unbelievable.


Anyways, Connor is quite the little party planner - well, he informs me of his theme, and I do the rest - LOL! This year, he wanted a Dragon themed party - he loves the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" and I guess that's why he wanted it. This is the cake I made - Connor actually picked this out months ago, and said "oooohhh, Mummy, you could make this for my party!!"
Haha - and I did, honestly, I am such a sucker!!!!















Here we are at cake cutting time - see the face paing?? I actually decided to try my hand at face painting at the party, so the kids had a choice of dragon faces, or, for the girls, princess faces. Must admit, my efforts were a bit dodgy - thank goodness for some other mums who stepped in to help, because it also took longer than I thought - haha! Connor of course chose Toothless.... and promptly races around afterwards so half of it rubbed off.....

Well, that's about it from me for now - I'll be back, hopefully tomorrow, for some scrappy shares!!

Thanks for popping by!

1 comment:

amanda73 said...

happy birthday connor...... time goes by too quick hey niq..... my connor is 5, and you just blink and they are grown....... love the layouts in the previous post....i love it when my kids have male teachers too.... connor has a female prep teacher..... my oldest (nearly 18) had a male teacher in grade 1 too