Thursday, January 29, 2009

WooHoo!!!!

I am so excited!

A couple of weeks ago, the lovely Karen at Scrapbooknbits put up a call for a new Design Team Position.

I decided to go for it, even though I really didn't think I'd have a chance, I thought the experience would be good.

Imagine my surprise when, after submitting 2 layouts and 1 OTP, I got an email from Karen advising me that I'd been selected in the top 5!

The other ladies selected - Linda, Kylie, Melissah and Kelley, are just so talented, and I know their entries, and the entries of all the other hopefuls would have been soooo good.....

The next stage involved completing a colour challenge that Karen set. I was so happy that the colours were colours I love using, so I had a lot of pp to choose from......


This is the Layout I chose to do, using some of the Fancy Pants About a Boy range...:


Well, on Tuesday, I got a HUGE surprise when I received an email from Karen offering me a position on the Design Team! You could have knocked me down with a feather!
I am feeling super excited, but also a little sick - I hope I will live up to the high standards at SnB.....
Congratulations Melissa, too, who also got a position on the Design Team....
And to Kylie, Kelley and Linda - Well done, I know how good your entries would have been, because everything you do is just so creative!
Thank you, Karen, I am so looking forward to working with everyone at SnB!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Well deserved Niq ... looking forward to working (and having fun) with you as part of the DT at SnB!

Kylie said...

Congrats again Niq, very much deserved. Can't wait to see what you and the other girls have in store for us!!

Linda Eggleton said...

HUGE congrats Niq!!! well done & really looking forward to what you have in stall for us at SnB with your beautiful work! Sorry it's taken me so long to congratulate you here....I've been a tad pre-occupied & obsessed (lol) in trying to figure out what was wrong with my computer.