I have consciously done this after my my favourite family moments because even though scrapping is my obsession, my family is my life - besides, without them, there'd be nothing to scrap, right?? LOL!!
Ok, well, first - this is my favourite photo I took this year, what a surprise it is of Connor. I took this in September at a pub in Bargara, Bundaberg. I like it because Connor is looking just so happy and relaxed. It also shows his personality so well - there is always an impish look about our son - he is so happy-go-lucky, and always ready for a game, or a joke or even just to play a trick. Yes, he is naughty at times, and sometimes needs his cheek pulled into line - but I love the fact he is so spirited and resilient. Funny thing is, I haven't scrapped it yet - hmmmm, must change that as soon as possible!!
Now, I have has some incredible highs in Scrapbooking this year, I was honoured to be selected to join the Addicted To Craft DT, Mel Heather asked me to be on the Kraft It Up Challenge Creative Team when it first started a year ago, and then THIS really made me smile:
No I wasn't made a Master this year - I didn't expect it either, but I did get TWO Honourable Mentions from the Masters Competition. I was absolutely stoked, because I am in awe of the talent of the New Masters, and I was in such unbelievable company getting honourable mentions, so I am quite proud of myself.
I got one HM for the Single Layout section - with this layout. This layout would be in my Top 10 for 2010 list, but I can't actually show it on it's on due to it being in the current issue of Scrapbooking Memories:0)
This is the other HM I got - for a double. I was so surprised that I got this HM due to the fact that I am so not good at doubles, and I have to be honest, I really didn't think this layout had what it takes...
I did it as a bit of a message to Connor - about how, since he is officially starting his learning this year, he must always remember that school isn't the only place and time you learn - sometimes life's lessons are the best teacher....
2. This is one of my favourite all time photos, I am giving Connor a cuddle after his bath - and when I saw this Prima paper, I just had to use it to scrap it.
3. I remember having lots of fun with this layout - just loved using the fabric and the flower here - it was when I was just starting using a lot of fabric on my layouts.
4. This layout was done from a sketch by Wendy Smith for the Sketch challenge over at Anna's Craft Cupboard - it's of my Dad in about oh, Year 6. The range is from October Afternoon - and was one of my most used ranges this year, I just loved the colours and embies in this range.
8. I am soooo in love with these papers - Sass Lass, but I've forgotten the name of the range - my bad - all I know is I love using them with paint and lots of layering of fabric, doilies, pattern paper and ribbons to great an ultra shabby look. Really feminine for me - and a real change from my usually grungy look.
10. Finally, I instantly fell in love with the Earthy, yet bold colours of the Fancy Pants "Rusted Sun" range. This paper is absolutely gorgeous with its colours and designs, and was perfect for this photo, I thought. More distressing, inking, layering, oh, and another Transparency used in the title!!
So, if you are still reading this after my ultra long post (sorry 'bout that - I do tend to waffle a bit!) Thank you, hope you enjoyed my little "Show and Tell"
Cheers for now.