Sunday, October 1, 2017

October Kraft Plus Challenge

Good morning!

Can you believe it is October already?  I can't - it is going to be Christmas in just over two months....eeeeep!!!

This month, Scrap Matrix are one of the fabulous Sponsors of Kraft +  Challenges and it was my turn to be a Guest Designer.

Here is the criteria:

I Can See Clearly Now
Use something see-through on your layout.
Think vellum, plastic, glass, bubble wrap etc etc.




Cool hey?

This is my interpretation of the challenge:


I was inspired by this photo of my son.  We were all on holiday in the beautiful South West  WA.  Some good friends were taking us around to the beaches and the vineyards and it was one of the most magical experiences of my life.

As usual, this layout is chock a block full of amazing products from Scrap Matrix.  First, I used some texture paste on Prima Stencils in Tuberoses and Grid.  Then I brushed some Gesso over the background and flicked on some Lindy Stamp Gang Spray in Mad Hatter Mint.  The Gesso also helped bring up the gorgeous gold colour from the Finnebair Art Alchemy Opal Magic Acryllic Paint.
(This paint is amazing - creamy, shimmery....and, depending on your background colour, can come out in a variety of colours!)

Once my background was finished, I layered up some corrugated card, doilies and papers from the 7 Dots Studio Verano Azul range.  This paper is perfect for beachy layouts with its teals and wood backgrounds.....

Finally, I added some Blue Fern chipboard, a variety of flowers from my stash, some shells, diet leaves, a piece of driftwood (painted with Lindy Stamp Gang Magicals and some more Opal Magic) and the fabulously beachy 13 Arts Dried Roots (Ecru.)  They come in a variety of colours and are wonderful for creating texture on a layout.

Now, back to the Challenge.  The clear element I used was this glass bottle which I filled with shells. Mini glass bottles add some much to your page - I fill them with beads, shells, sometimes even my journalling.



Here is a couple of close up of the other elements on my page.




What do you think?
If you enter the Kraft Plus October Challenge, you will be in the running to win a heap of awesome prizes including this from Scrap Matrix.

 FOUR Stencils and FOUR sticker sheets created by 
Marta Lapkowska (Maremi's Small Art) for 13 Arts. 





Pretty cool prize right there if you ask me.

So if you want to enter the Kraft Plus October "I can See Clearly Now" challenge, head over to the blog for more details.

Happy scrapping everyone!

Monique
xx

No comments: