Saturday, September 30, 2017

Another Grungy Layout.....

Hi Scrappy Friends,

Just thought I'd pop up a blog post while I am watching the Grand Final.  The Mighty Hawks aren't a show this year, so I am really pretty neutral about the outcome - kinda leaning toward the Crows, but would like to see the Tigers win a flag after so long too.

Anyway, back to scrapping.  Today I am sharing another layout I did a while ago:


I used the gorgeous "Believe" kit from Scrappy Chat Designs.  This paper is from Bo Bunny - and the range is full of grungy deliciousness.  
I started by using a bit of texture paste and the "Subway" stencil from TCW.  Next I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang Mist in Cattail Copper Brown. This colour can be found in a set at Scrap Matrix here.  I then added some blue colour to blend in with the blue denim in my photo.  I did this by  using the fabulous Distress Oxide Ink in Broken China.  I applied the ink pad to my craft sheet, sprayed it with water then sponged on the colour.  For extra layers, I stamped my Carabelle Studios "Grunge Metre" stamp randomly on the background until I was satisfied with the result.

Once I was happy with the background, I prepared my embellishments.  I embossed the chipboard chain and chicken wire with Lindy's  Queen of Sheba Silver Embossing Powder.  With the chipboard cogs, I painted them in Dusty Attic Chocolate Brown, then added some Dusty Attic Rusting Powder.
I LOVE the rusting effect this powder has on chipboard - it makes it look so real!!

Then I put the whole thing together, layering my chipboard cogs with metal cogs and clocks, and some metal numbers as.  Finished it off with some Finnebair microbeads.  Here are some closeups:



I found a metal cog that fit perfectly over the top of this Finnebair Fob metal.  


The paint/Rust Powder effect makes the chipboard cogs look so realistic.



That's it from me for now.  I hope you enjoy Grand Final weekend, and also fit some scrapping in!

Have fun,

Monique xx


No comments: