Tuesday, May 17, 2016

I Have a Confession.....

Like most of us, I am my own worst critic.  Sometimes I HATE what I do creatively.  Most of the time I leave a layout to sit for a few days, and I keep revisiting it, analysing it, trying to find ways to improve it.  There are times when layouts just don't "look" right.  They don't look balanced, the colours seem off....whatever it is, I am not happy until I have one final fiddle to fix it.

One such layout was this one:



Now, don't get me wrong, I loved MOST of what I'd done.  LOVED the background work.....  Even liked it enough to blog about it.  But in my view there was something not right about it....

So I kept it aside, just looking at it every now and then....  worked on something else...  Then I figured it out.  Just to be sure, I consulted with a couple of very talented scrappy friends of mine (Michelle Grant)

Anyway, this is what I did to "fix" it.


What do you think?  Can you see what I've done?
In the end, I decided I wasn't happy with the balance of the photo mat, and I didn't like the way the title blended into the background.  So I got more of the Blue Fern Sudios Number chipboard, and coloured it the same what I coloured the other, then placed it under and above the photos - effectively matting the photos with the chipboard.  I then moved the title down to the bottom right corner.

What do you think?
What do you do when you aren't happy with a layout?

Thank you so much for popping by today - will be back in a few days with another share
xx

No comments: