Friday, May 13, 2016

Grungy 7 Dots Studio "So Proud of You".

Hi Everyone, thanks for popping by my blog.

I was having a bit of a play with my Dies and my Sizzix the other day, and I decided to have a play with making some stencils out of my Tim Holtz Cog Die.  I wanted to make a nice grungy background for a photo of my nephew.  I used Colour Pastes in Leather and Stormy Weather to stencil in the design, then I used more to blend the design into my background.
At the moment I am really enjoying playing with Colour Blast Colour Pastes.  They are smooth, creamy, shiny, gorgeous pastes that just glide onto your project with ease.
Anyway, I digress.....

Here it is, the paper and embellishments are from 7 Dots Studio's Lost and Found Collection.  I've had this collection a while and it is a real "go to" collection for me - love the colours and the design of the papers.  Perfect for the Grungy Boy layouts I usually do.


As you can see, I went fairly heavily on the grunge factor.  I used lots of Distress Ink and black ink splatters, and also some watered down Gesso splatters.  I did some stamping with Kaisercraft Texture Background Stamps and also used Hession, Gauze, Blue Fern Studios Chipboard (embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder in Queen of Sheba Silver) and some Prima and Tim Holtz metal embellishments........

Here are some close ups:





Well it's hard to believe it's Friday again.  Hope you are planning some crafty time - I'm hoping to get some done, but I also want to make some memories with the two men in my life.....




No comments: