Friday, April 1, 2016

Then and Now

Hi Everyone,
If you know anything about how my scrapping has changed over the years, you'll know that I have gotten very messy and grungy.  I certainly use a lot more mixed media than I ever have before, and I use lots and lots of layers.....  Gesso, stamps, mists, texture pastes and embossing powders are now never far from my fingertips at my scrap table.

Just to bring back how much I have changed style wise I found a layout I did five years ago on the "Memories" post on Facebook.  As you can see, I have a little bit of spray ink misted on, and I used layers - but with paper rather than mixed media.  I also tended to stick to the one paper range for safety, whereas now I am more inclined to mix things up a little - well, OK, a lot, and use different papers from different paper ranges etc......

Here it is:



Here is one I did a few months ago - using the fabulous grungy boy range from Kaisercraft called "Off the Wall."  Again, it is one of my go-to ranges for me at the moment, it is a little bit older, but it is seriously cool for creating fun boy/teen pages.



The photos are of my awesome nieces and nephew.  I have use so many different layers here - Included are gesso, Lindy's Stamp Gang spray ink, Fabre Castel gelatos, Dusty Attic chipboard, Kaisercraft transparencies, alfoil......  The list goes on really....LOL.

How has your style changed over the years?  I really can't believe what a difference five years makes......


Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: