Sunday, October 21, 2012

Meal Planning Sunday

In one of my few attempts to be organised - well at least more organised than previous months, I have taken to planning my family's dinners.  Breakfast and lunch is always a casual affair, so I figure all I have to worry about is dinner.

Monday:          Thai Fish Cakes with Bean Sprout Salad  
Tuesday:           Salmon and Pasta Bake (From Kat at the Organised Housewife)
Wednesday:      Beef, Capsicum and Eggplant Curry (Recipe Below)
Thursday:        Nasi Goreng (with chicken instead of Tofu)
Friday:             Pizza Night
Saturday:         Creamy Prawn and Tomato Fettucini (Recipe Below)
Sunday:            Caesar Salad (with Cos lettuce from our own garden....yum!!!) (Recipe Below)

Baking: Triple Treat Choc Muffins and Bacon and Cheese Pizza Scrolls.

Sorry I don't have pictures to go with the Recipes - I promise next time I will add them!!  I'm not that organised yet....lol..

Beef, Capsicum and Eggplant Curry
 
 
Ingredients
 
350gms Lean Beef, cubed.
1 Eggplant
1 Capsicum

1/2 Cup of Balti Curry Paste
1 Tin of Evaporated  Milk - Coconut
1 Tin Crushed Tomatoes.

1.  Brown Beef in batchs in a casserole pan sprayed with Olive Oil Spray.
2.  Add cubed Eggplant and Capsicum - cook until soft.  Add Beef.
3.  Add curry paste, and stir until fragrant.
4.  Add Evaporated Milk, and Tomatoes, simmer 5 mins.
5.  Place in oven and cook at 180 degrees for 1 hour 15 mins.

Serves 4  Approx 316 cals per serve. 
Add extra cals for 1/2 cup of Basmati Rice and 1 Tblspn of Fruit Chutney, if desired.



Creamy Prawn and Tomato Fettucini


Ingredients
500gms green prawns - peeled, tails off.
1 tspn crushed garlic.
1/2 cup sliced shallots
1/2 cup white wine
3/4 cup Evaporated Milk.
1 Tin Crushed Tomatoes
2 Heaped Tablespoons Cornflour
300gms dry fettucini
salt and pepper to taste

1.  Saute garlic in a non-stick fry pant that has been coated with cooking spray for 1 minute.
2.  Add shallots and wine to the pan, cook 3 minutes.
3.  Add tomatoes,prawns pepper and salt, cook until prawns just turn pink.
4.  Combine cornflour and milk, add to pan and bring to boil - stirring.  Simmer gently while cooking fettucini.
5.  Bring a salted pan of water to boil and add fettucini.  Boil until cooked, drain and serve with prawn mix.

Serves 4
467 cals - Add extra cals for parmesan cheese, if desired.
(I use this meal on a Saturday as a Bonus Meal)


Caeser Salad
 
 

Ingredients

1 Cup of Cos Lettuce, shreddd.
100gms of Shortcut Bacon
5gms of shaved Parmesan Cheese
1 Slice of Multigrain Bread
20mls of Low Fat Caesar Dressing.

1.  Grill the bacon until crispy.
2.  Cut the Multigrain Bread into cubes, spray with Olive Oil spray and bake in the oven on a tray lined with baking paper - until like croutons.
3.  Add Cos Lettuce to a bowl, sprinkle with Parmesan.  When done, add the bacon and croutons when cooked. 
4.  Add Caesar dressing.

Serves 1
Calories: 334
As you can see, I add the calories, because yes, I am still following Michelle Bridges 12WBT.  I can't share her recipes due to copyright, but I have been slowly adapting some recipes to suit the program, and those I will share!

Thanks for popping by my blog, and if you have any yummy, calorie controlled recipes to share, please add a link to your comments.



 

1 comment:

Me N my Monkeys said...

Seems pizza is on everyones mind this week. yummy!