Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Stop 1 on My Amazing Race....

Well, the Scrapbooking Top 50's Amazing Race, anyway!
The first stop was Australia - the great continent I call home :)
We had to include the following criteria:

1.  An Australian Image or Animal.
2. A punched border or scalloped edge.
3. A bit of Aussie vernacular in our title.

I just loved this challenge - and I knew just the photos I was going to use, these happy snaps from last year's outing on Australia Day to Airlie Beach.  How lucky are we to get to do day trips to a place like Airlie? 

This is what I came up with:




So, I raided my stash and came up with a mix of Jillibean Soup, Little Yellow Bicycle and Echo Park papers - really wanted to pic up the red and blue of my little man's "Aussie" Shirt.
Of course, a layout couldn't be complete without some WOW - Word's Or Whatever chipboard.  I've used the WOW 12 x 12 Star Frames C1468, which I painted red with a Ranger Dauber, and a little arrow from the WOW New Arrow Pack C1299.
Do you like the star mask?  I made it myself using WOW Chipboard Stars and Star Frames - just another way you can use your chipboard!

So what do you think?  It's not too late to join in the fun of the Scrapbooking Top 50's Amazing Race.  If this challenge was anything to go buy, I know I'm going to have loads of fun over the next few weeks!  If you want to sign up, just click on the links, or click on the blinkie on the right of my page!

Thanks for popping by my blog!

No comments: