Saturday, June 25, 2011

Oh My Goodness.....

I have been so very very slack in blogland - I do apologise. Truthfully, I've been rather tied up on facebook that actually popping things on my blog - I will endeavour to amend this situation.
Just last week I played along in the Handmade Cybercrop at Scrapbook Savvy.
This was Anthea's challenge - we had to make 7 Handmade flowers.......mty layout has 8 so I hope the criterea was at least 7 flowers - LOL!
I altered this photo in Lightroom, which is a whole heap of fun to play with, pity my free subscription ended - simply must add that to my wishlist...tehe... I used Pink Paislee paper, and hand made all the paper flowers - must say, I love the larger ones...I used a scallop circle punch, and it is so easy to do.....
Renee's challenge was to make a banner. I scrapped this photo of Connor at last year's Mackay show.... having his first bight of fairy floss. It was at the Sugar Cane pavillion, and it was just so melt in the mouth. I made this banner using ribbon and paper from the OA 5$Dime collection - man I love that range.....
This is the layout I did for Sara's challenge - to make a mask and use it.... I had previously made this mask from chippy stars for a layout not long ago, so I reused it for this one...... Photo of Connor on Australia Day this year, using Bo Bunny Block Party range. I've had this range for so long, and I've just started using it. I am making a real effort to either use up or pass on old scrapping stuff - just sick of mess all around me IYKWIM...anyway I loved this range - especially the colours - so much there was no way I was going to pass this one on, so I've made an effort to use it up...lol..
I have also been away at my very first Retreat. Organised by the lovely Tracey from Magical Memories, it was such a wonderful time away - I had a fantastic time, and just loved everything about it...I even scrapped haha!!
This layout I started - here you'll see I've used the same range and maskas the above layout.....
I don't often scrap layouts of myself - but this is one of me as a little girl. I have used some gorgoeus Webster's paper, and Prima and Kaisercraft flowers - the little fence is a Dusty Attic one.... Just Inked and Embossed with Tim Holtz goodies....
This is the first layout I did at the retreat - still not sure about it...photo is of Connor on this gorgeous old Sugar Cane steam train in Bundaberg....at the Botanical gardenes...although he has other interests now, he still loves trains......

3 comments:

Linda Eggleton said...

Gorgeous work, Niq...you sure have been busy! Best to be spending your time scrapping than blogging, I say! LOL

Now to see if blogger will let me comment....

Linda Eggleton said...

Hmmmm...it seems that it's only certain blogs I can't comment on. Perhaps it's to do with how they have their comments set up. who knows!

amanda73 said...

i never ever tire of seeing your stunning work..... loving all these layouts. just awesome all of them