Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Long Time No See......

Sorry I've been MIA folks - but there have been several good reasons:


1. The usual mad end of year rush - getting ready for Christmas, writing report cards, Connor's Christmas dos... etc etc...

2. I've had surgery on my knee recently - just and arthroscope to repair a torn cartledge, and I am no on the long, slow road to recovery. Really though, the best thing I can do for myself is lose weight and exercise, which I'll be on to right after Christmas;0)

3. I have had NO computer for six weeks - my lappy chucked a hissy fit, and I've had to get the mother board and the VGA repaired - mind you, it took 2 returns to work out what was wrong, and I still haven't got it back yet - just sneaking on to Mark's computer.....
4. We have also been away on holidays - and I didn't take any computers or anything with us - just hopped on computers in the hotel lobbies when I could grab a spare moment.


On a scrappy note, I HAVE been scrapping - just not sharing - LOL. I have made HEAPS of xmas cards, and some layouts - more to do today, too.


On the weekend, I participated in a cybercrop at Chookscraps I was introduced to this site by the lovely Shara and Ceci - and I must say, the forum is a delightful place to hang out :0)
This was the Photo I entered into the photo challenge - it was to take one of a wild animal. I just took this photo recently at Lorne in Victoria - these King Parrots just flew up and started eating crumbs on our table during a breakfast - Connor was just so delighted!!


Anyway, this was the card challenge - I am so not into cards, so I am going to enjoy doing cards for a change - really need to get my skills up in this area - LOL -
Challenge 3 was to scraplift a layout from the gallery with animals on it. I chose one of Ceci's layouts I loved the bright colours, and the way she layered the papers - I loved how this turned out, and will definately be using this design in the future:0)
Challenge 1 was to use the colours White, Black and Grey - with one other colour - I did a grungy layout - as you can see, I am STILL scrapping our snow holiday photos!! LOL!!
Got all our Great Ocean Road photos to scrap now too - guess it will keep me busy!! Haha!!
This was for Challenge 2 - We had to use Masking, One Photo, 3 Word Title, Glam/Glitter, Lace and Ink. I really loved how this turned out, too - this range is the Basic Grey Curio range, and it is devine - I actually have two more photos to scrap with this range, and I can't wait to get some time to do it!!

Well, that is about it for now - I do have some more things to share, but I haven't photographed them yet - and I would much rather do it with my computer, as then I can use Photoshop - I editted these in Paint, and I don't like the quality very much at all :0(
Cheers, and thank you for popping by - hope some of you are still coming, after such a long time between posts.........

4 comments:

amanda73 said...

oh wow, wow, love all those layouts and cards, and gee you have been busy, made my head hurt just reading about it all lol

Her Essential Hand said...

I guess they dont call it the silly season for no reason, uh. You have been busy, but there all good things to be busy with. So glad to read about your knee and recovery :)))
I love those pages epecially make a wish.
Congrats on your HN in Masters too :))
Happy Christmas and all the best in 2011.
x

Ceci said...

So glad you have come over to Chooks! :) That "Make a Wish" layout is definitely a standout. Hope your knee is getting better and better every day. xx

Francine Burgess said...

wow im sooo loving your work keep it up, ill definatly be back to drool!!!