Monday, September 20, 2010

Playing With Fancy Pants

Well, I DID try to get myself together to try out for the Fancy Pants Creative Team - but then Connor got sick for 3 days - very clingy and also vomitting, so washing filled my time... then I got sick with the same bug, and simply could not do anything else but laze around in bed.
Anyway, I'm kinda kicking myself, because I could have sent in any project with Fancy Pants, I have heaps of layouts with Fancy Pants - but I JUST wanted to do something especially - just that obsessive side of me I guess...
Anyways, I did this layout using the Rusted Sun Range, this range has the most awsome colours - rich earthy browns, as well as brights - and even MY nemissis Purple! Eeeeep!
LOVE this range - must use it more...LOL!

This layout is about my Mum and Dad and Connor - I really miss my Mum and Dad, and what I miss most is the cosiness - the idea that I can just pop around the corner and grab a cuppa....
Oh well, even if I stayed in Ipswich, I still wouldn't be able to do that - because not long after I left for Mt Isa, they moved to Bundaberg... Still - it would be nice to live in the same town as them....
Starting to catch the make your own flowers bug - these one I cut out using my Nestabilities, folded all the petals up to create some dimension, inked them and layered them with glue dots...


This was going to be my altered item - I altered a Maya Rd Letters tin, and made some cards to go in there - all out of Fancy Pants Roadshow..
I painted the tin with the Tim Holtz Dabbers - LOVE LOVE LOVE these - if you love using paint, you will too - you can use them on anything, they dry quickly, no mess to clean up, and then blend beautifully. Really recommend them if you haven't seen them yet.
Also handmade some flowers - just the accordian pleated ones, which can be a bit tricky, but I like the effect :0)



2 comments:

Wendy Smith said...

love them Niq...you have done a great job with those papers

Linda Eggleton said...

Oooh, Love the new look of your blog, Niq - it looks fabo!

Sorry to hear that you & Connor have been sick :( Hope you're all better now.

Love your LO's - as always :)