Monday, January 4, 2010

9 Favourites of 2009

The gorgeous Felicity - a DTer at Bons Scraps has challenged us to name 9 things we loved the most about 2009.
Thanks for the challenge, Flis, it really made think, and apprecitate the little things in life, as well as the big things. It also made me realise I have achieved a few goals this - much more than I thought!
Here are my 9 things, in no particular order

1. I finally got published - Vol 11, no 8 in Scrapbooking Memories - this was a goal of mine for 09, so I was thrilled when it actually happened!!


2. I became a DT member at ScrapbooknBits. It is truly an honour to work with such talented ladies, and the boss lady Karen is gorgeous - love this site to bits!

3. I have continued to be challenged in my role as Mummy to this gorgeous little boy - I wouldn't swap this for the world, and I love him more and more with each passing day.


4. I cherish the rare times I can spend with my family. Mum and Dad have continued to show unconditional love and support for me and my little family, and for this I am forever grateful.


5. My baby boy starting Kindergarten. I was sad, but also tremendously proud of this little man. He looked so grown up in his uniform.


6. Mother's Day 09 was a beautiful day. We went to the Mackay harbour for an early lunch - then to the Mackay Entertainment Centre for a Wiggles Concert!! To see the excitement and joy on Connor's little face made the day oh so special!!


7. I adore visiting this place. Cape Hillsborough - just a 30 minute drive North, and here we are! It's a gorgeous place for a picnic, and a walk along the beach.


8. After living in Mt Isa for 5 years, I am so grateful we live in Mackay - so many beautiful beaches just minutes from our home, and I love going to this one in particular - Eimeo Beach, so pretty, and a great place for kids with a patrolled beach, and a wonderful playground.


9. We went to the Sunshine Coast in January, and went to Australia Zoo. It was fantastic to see Bindi, Terri and Bob doing the show - and Connor was thrilled to bits. Such a lucky boy!!

Well, that's it for me at the moment. I have been scrapping - have done 5 layouts that I haven't shared yet. I'll be back tomorrow with them ;0)
Cheers!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

great fav's!!!
its great to reflect on the year it was.
thanks for playing along.
:) x

Her Essential Hand said...

sorry Niq, that comment from Andrew was me!!! ooopsss, thats my brohter, he must signed in and not out and I didnt check... oppps... sorry :)
x

Monique said...

LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

love your faves! Great pics - love the beach. It looks fantastic

Marelle said...

Monique great blog honey!
hugs

kerry said...

Great to see your nine fav things and i hope that you had a fab new year.TAke care Kerry xx

Linda Eggleton said...

Great fav's there Niq. Wow you've done 5 LO's already....Go Niq!

Jane said...

Love your 9 favourites for 2009 Niq :) and you have been scrapping up a storm already - can't wait to see them :)

Kylie Bowers said...

Fantastic Fave's :)

Ceci said...

Great collection of faves Niq! ;)